26 April 2022
Launch of LSA’s Employment Law Project
Legal Services Agency are pleased to invite you to the virtual launch of our new Employment Law Project.
The main aim of the project is to protect employment rights to improve financial circumstances. We will do this by:
- Providing early legal advice;
- Supporting fellow grassroots advice agencies; and
- Bringing together stakeholder expertise to act strategically in challenging inequality and injustice in the workplace.
The key categories of people to be supported through the project are:
- Young people;
- People in low paid jobs;
- People with one or more protected characteristics; and
- Families at higher risk of discrimination, loss of, or challenging employment circumstances resulting in financial hardship.
Legal advice and support will be available throughout Scotland with a particular focus on areas of high deprivation.
The launch event will include a presentation on unfair dismissal: the legal framework and practical tips for advisers. For attendees new to the area of employment law, it will be a valuable introduction to a commonly encountered issue. For attendees with greater experience in the area of employment law, it will be an opportunity to consolidate and build on existing knowledge and understanding.
There will be time for questions and answers.
We hope that you are able to attend and look forward to seeing you.