Second tier/general advice
The department provides free second tier advice to other lawyers, organisations and individuals who are assisting or supporting refugee and migrant women, children and young people across Scotland and women in Scotland affected by violence.
Second tier advice simply means that the advice is not being provided to an individual directly, for instance:
- This advice may relate to more information on an issue in general, such as human trafficking
- It may relate to an individual that you are supporting, for instance, you may be unclear as to whether or not there is a legal issue that requires the involvement of solicitor
- It may be more in-depth advice relating to an individual. Please note, however, that we will not provide legal advice if an individual already has a solicitor
If you wish the department to provide advice on this basis, please get in touch by:
- Calling our free telephone advice line on a Tuesday between 2pm and 4pm on 0141 353 3354 or freephone 0800 316 8450
- Completing the second tier advice referral form and returning it by email, fax or post (contact details are noted on the form). A member of staff will get back to you/your request as soon as possible.